Monday, September 5, 2011

Well Butter My Butt & Call Me a Biscuit

Dang; it has been soooo long since I posted; where the heck does the time go???? Got this quickie butt kickn' Biscuit Recipe from a "back in the day" friend & thought it was a great way to get back to blogging. Thinking of getting back on the horse & posting up some buttery goodness to get into the mood for falling into Fall & this seemed an easy way to get going + I didn't have to cook or take pictures!

Sour Cream Biscuits
Here is a butterific Sour Cream Biscuit that will pare up perfect with a late summer fruit preserves or jam. Still some plums, peaches, blackberries, apples & more out there in the fields that take only a quick tour of the kitchen to make into a magical concoction of lip smackn' goodness. I am going to sample these bad boys with a rustic spiked (yeah baby ~ breakfast of champions always starts with a little kick) fig jam from Kiss My Spatula.

This quick, simple & devilishly sinful recipe + pix are from Eleanor Roper all the way from Long Island. Aren't they the cutest little morsels of butterness you ever saw!?! Be still my heart.



Sour Cream Biscuits

2 1/2 C self rising flour
1 1/4 C sour cream or creme fraiche
softened butter for brushing when done.


Butter up a cake pan. Preheat oven 450 degrees for 10 -12 min. Sift or whisk 2 cup of flour in wide bowl..make a deep hollow and put a cup of the sour cream into it...stir with rubber spatula and mix it well.(I added a little heavy cream too, not much.)
Sprinkle, lightly, flour on board..turn dough once, sprinkle with a tad of flour, fold the dough in half and pat into a 1/3 round. Cut with 2" biscuit cutter...add more flour if needed as you re purpose the left over scraps for more biscuits. Bake ~ After 4 min. of baking, rotate the pan and finish baking. When done, remove from pan and brush with BUTTER! Yum!!!

Sweet Eleanor Roper

THX Eleanor! She is busy working on some kick ass tomato pies & pickling some hot chili peppers. You can take the girl outta' the South but you can't take the South outta' the Gal! Maybe we can get her to share her recipes.... SO pretty & talented!


Pickled Hot Chili Peppers






Butter get going; later!

XO,
Butterball





1 comment:

  1. Those biscuits sound sinfully delicious. This is my first visit to your blog, so I've spent some time browsing through your earlier posts. I'm so glad I did that. I really like the food and recipes you share with your readers. I'll definitely be back. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete