Sunday, February 1, 2009

Super, Super Sunday!!!

Stay Home Sunday ended last week… good thing coz for sure I will be out & about today; gotta get ready for the Big Game! I am clueless about who plays, who wins, who cares, blah blah blah. I am going to bake my mouthwatering S’mores Brownies for my BFF Mary Ellen’s party. Knowing I ain’t a game girl she invites me with the promise I will bring the goodies. These will have everyone screaming "Can I have S'more?"

Doing double duty this AM; baking for the party & taking pic’s of my entry into Alchemist Chef’s Valentine Day Recipe Contest. Surely these decadent morsels are bound to capture the attention of the judges! My pic’s not so much as I have been in “picture taking hell” trying to get photo’s with the proper lighting effects. Always one to seek out experts I consult Cute Chris; IT Guy at work who fancies himself a photographer. After viewing my recent efforts he says to me “BB, these pictures suck….” Esteem building comments like this fire me up to do better. He gives me tips on filtering the light, beaming in lights from all directions & encourages me to buy a tripod; yeah like that will fit in my kitchen…. Being resourceful; one of his “filtering the light tips” had me grabbing a pair of yellow panties from the laundry basket (clean) sitting near the kitchen to add a “glow” to the aura.

SCORE!!! It turned out to be a brilliant twist as you can see the pictures are near perfect.

One of my most sought out recipes is S’Mores Brownies. This recipe came about years ago when I was under pressure to make a last minute offering for an office party. Had 4 of the ingredients for 7 Layer Bars & some marshmallows and as my life goes it was midnight before the gathering. Panic paved the way for this “melt on your thighs” concoction. Sugar buzz from these gems will definitely illicit a little back field in motion!

S’Mores Brownies

Preheat Oven to 325F

One stick of Butter melted and browned for extra flava’
2 packs of Graham Crackers (about 2 ½ cups) crushed- not too fine keep some small bits in there for texture.
1 can of Condensed Milk; I am a Borden’s Gal
6 ounces Chocolate Chips
One small bag mini marshmallows
10.5 ounces

Stir together butter, graham crackers and condensed milk with a wooden spoon; add chips*. Spread in greased 8’x11’ baking pan- for thicker brownies use 8’x8’ bake on 350F for 30 minutes.
* For a more chocoholic experience sprinkle chips on top of brownies

Bake for 30 minutes on middle rack. Change to broil. Dump marshmallows on top & return to oven; toast till golden; about 5 minutes- keep your eye on the prize! Cut brownies while still warm; cool a bit & remove from pan.

Working on a romantic presentation for the contest so the S’Mores Brownies look as sexy as possible. Thinking of cutting in heart shapes!
I am off to the game to cheer for the Redskins!

XO
“BB”

19 comments:

  1. s'mores can be incorporated into so many desserts, but i actually don't think i've ever seen brownies, which is odd. cheesecake, cookies, trifle, but never brownies. looks goooood.
    (i love your blog title, by the way--so clever.) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless your heart! You are a Rock Star among food bloggers & I sooooo appreciate your comment!! To the Peanut Gallery; check out A Southern Grace in my blog list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look fabulous! I believe you are correct when you say that they will melt on your thighs :) Oh well! What's one more treat sticking to them right?! Isn't photo taking tough? I have a cheapy digi and have to go outside to take the photos or forget about it!

    Best,
    Emily
    www.justeatfood.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your photo's of the BLT Pizza look scrumptious!
    Peanut Gallery; Check out Emily at Just Eat Food on my blog list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. SOOOOO Chris says the pictures are nowhere near perfect..... need to work on shadows, white balance & pixels; whateva' the heck that is.I think they look pretty damn good but obviously a work in progress.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmm, we've made these! They are soooo good. But they will really be the death of you if you eat too many. Extended belly for days! Maybe that's not a bad thing though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooh, I love the title of your blog! I can tell just by the word butter that I'll be a fan ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just delicious! Makes me wanna go camping so bad!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are some decadent looking brownies! Definitely one to bookmark!

    ReplyDelete
  10. looks like I have a lot of sundays to catch up on...

    ReplyDelete
  11. They're like football and camping on one plate. Fabulous. My husband would die over these.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been wanting to make a smores bars. I think I'll be making these soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. THESE ARE AMAZING! I have been dying to try these!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These look terrific. Something all my children would enjoy, smores are one of their favorite things.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've never seen a s'mores brownie either!! Great idea, can't wait to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a treat! Definitely an original--I'd like to share this recipe with our readers :). Please let me know if you're interested.

    Best,
    Sophie, Key Ingredient Chief Blogger
    Sophie@keyingredient.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. seeing these, i agreed with that the others have said... they look amazing! additionally, since i am by no means an expert in the kitchen, the recipe looked relatively easy. so i attempted the s'mores brownies, but ended up with nothing more than a gooey mess- a DELICIOUS gooey mess!

    ReplyDelete
  18. These like amazing...I love roasted marshmallows. Mmhh.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm so happy I found your lovely blog through Foodie Friday. You've got some great recipes that I'm looking forward to trying.

    And terrific photos too.

    ReplyDelete